Also of interest are the writings of R.B. Cattell from the '50s and
'60s.  There is a nice discussion of his "data box" in the first Handbook
of Multivariate Statistics, published in the mid '60s.

Bill

William B. Ware, Professor and Chair               Educational Psychology,
CB# 3500                                       Measurement, and Evaluation
University of North Carolina                         PHONE  (919)-962-7848
Chapel Hill, NC      27599-3500                      FAX:   (919)-962-1533
http://www.unc.edu/~wbware/                          EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]