The absolute best advice concerning the use of Excel for
graphics (or for statistics for that matter) is: DON'T!

The _majority_ of graph-types available in Excel should never
be used for any purpose as they produce misleading graphs -- mainly
false third dimensions that can only serve to hide important features
in the graph.)

Jon Cryer