On 13 Jul 2001 02:50:58 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Vmcw) wrote:

[snip: re:  Fisher-Hayter multiple comparisons procedure ]

> 86JASA     81    1000-1004 J
> The maximum familywise error rate of Fisher's least significant difference test
> Hayter, Anthony J.

> It this the best reference to point my colleague to, or does anyone have a
> better suggestion?  Also, any illuminating comments regarding this procedure
> would be welcome!

Lise DeShea has already posted a comprehensive reference and fine
description of the procedure.

I will point to a couple of references that I found while searching
online.  From someone's lecture notes, it appears that Kirk's textbook
(which many people have)  refers to the "Fisher-Hayter procedure" in
section 4.5.

Jerry Dallal has "illuminating comments"  on multiple comparisons
(among many useful topics) at his website.  (Which I have carefully
bookmarked.)  In particular:
  http://www.tufts.edu/~gdallal/mc.htm

[ To get to his Homepage, just do the standard thing -- i.e.,  remove
the 'mc.htm'  from that URL .]

--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html