In a certain process, there are millions of people voting for thousands
of candidates. The top N will be declared "winners". But the counting
process is flawed and with probability 'p', a vote will be miscounted.
(it might be counted for the wrong candidate or it might be counted for
a non-existent candidate.)

What is the probability that the counted top N will correspond to the
real top N?
(there are actually two cases here: 1 where I want the order of the top
N to be in the correct order and the other where I don't care if the
order is correct)

Thanks for any ideas,
Sanford Lefkowitz