-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Marianne and
Dimitrios
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 9:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Min n CFA clarification

Let me clarify my previous posting. I want to do a confirmatory factor
analysis to validate a questionnaire. There are 45 questions (subjects
answer using a 1-5 scale). Theoretically, there are 3 subscales with
15 items on each.   In a CFA, that gives me 3 factors, 45 error terms,
14 factor loadings on each of 3 factors, and 3 covariances. I figure
that gives me 93 parameters. That's the part I need somebody to verify
for me. Have I counted the number of parameters correctly?  If so,
then I should have at least a 1:10 and at best a 1:20 ratio of
subjects to parameters. Hence, the estimate of 930-1860 subjects. Is
this correct?

Thanks to all who are helping me with this.

Marianne