Dear all,

I was not sure in which of the forums the following two queries should
be posted, so I have put them in all of them - I do apologise if they
are not appropriate for the current list.

Q1. I have run a multidimensional scaling analysis (MDS) and the
2D-map suggests that the variables are arranged in a circular-like
fashion. I have found a paper that presents a 2D-map showing a similar
arrangement. In that paper the author has drawn on the 2D-map a number
radii and two concentric circles that divide the variables in
theoretically meaningful regions (e.g. the area between two radii may
represent a specific psychological trait). This whole structure is
called (in that paper) the radex. However, it is not mentioned how
these lines were drawn and my attempts to find out were so far
fruitless.

Does anyone know the formulae I can use to draw these lines, or
whether there is a software package that can do it for me?

Q2. I have also run a factor analysis on the same dataset, and I would
like to compare the level of agreement between the  FA factors and the
MDS dimensions.

Has anyone come across the coefficient of congruence and the
Borg-Leutner alienation coefficient? If so, I would be obliged if you
tell me where I can find their formulae.

Thank you in advance

Niko Tiliopoulos
Psychology Research
The University of Edinburgh