[cc'd to previous poster; please follow up in newsgroup]

Jerry Dallal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in sci.stat.edu:
>What you're trying to get at is
>answered in part by a confidence interval for the difference between
>the groups, which tells you what differences are consistent with the
>data.
>See my note at http://www.tufts.edu/~gdallal/ci.htm

It's a darn good note, based on my reading of part I. I've
bookmarked it and will recommend it to my class.

One suggestion, if I may: I scratched my head for a moment over
"SEM". At least in my course, I don't believe the textbook ever uses
that abbreviation (and I know I don't). Perhaps you might want to
define it the first time on that page: SEM = standard error of the
mean.

                                          http://oakroadsystems.com
My reply address is correct as is. The courtesy of providing a correct
reply address is more important to me than time spent deleting spam.