-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Nathaniel
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 12:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: if A and B are independent implies A and (A&B) are independent?

Hello,

I've got a question. If A and B are idependent does it imply that event A
and (A&B) are independent too. My reasoning is: If A and (A&B) are
idependent then:

P(A|(A&B))=P(A),
but
P(A|(A&B))=P(A&(A&B))/P(A&B)=P(A&A&B)/P(A&B)=P(A&B)/P(A&B)=1.

What does it mean? Could anybody explain me this.

Thank you very much

Nathaniel