In Excel, the random number generator is =RAND()

Produces a number between 0 and 1, inclusive.  Some peole dislikie its amount
of randomness, but for class purposes, it seems to work well.

2000 x 100 cells to get your sampel set is going to be big, but I think
do-able.

Or, set up say 100 of the 100 sets.  Then re-calculate 20 times.

Jay

"@Home" wrote:

> Is there any downloadable freeware that can generate let's say 2000 random
> samples of size n=100 from a population of 100 numbers.
>
> Is this conceivable? for excel etc.

> Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
> the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

Jay Warner
Principal Scientist
Warner Consulting, Inc.
4444 North Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53404-1216
USA

Ph: (262) 634-9100
FAX: (262) 681-1133
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.a2q.com

The A2Q Method (tm) -- What do you want to improve today?