I caught part of a news story on TV saying that an office that had tested
positive for anthrax was pronounced clean after further testing. Does
anyone have any numbers on the probability of a false positive when using
the test for anthrax? This info would be useful since I am just now
talking about Type I and Type II errors in class.

Mark Eakin
Associate Professor
Information Systems and Management Sciences Department
University of Texas at Arlington
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]