On 12 Nov 2001 11:41:45 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Carl Huberty)
wrote:

> It would be greatly appreciated if I could get references for the six topics
> mentioned in the message below.  I assume that Conover (1999) discusses the
> first topic.  But beyond that I am at a loss.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Carl Huberty

A few minutes of searching with google shows that these names
and tests are not widely known.   Several are mentioned
in the same articles.  It looks like someone needs the
Proceedings of the
Joint Statistical Meetings in Toronto, August 15-18, 1994.

 Harwell-Serlin's L  test.
http://seamonkey.ed.asu.edu/~behrens/edstat/newsletter_95.html

 Blair-Sawilowsky's adjusted rank transform test.   Also
Harwell-Serlin:
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/joint94/section-a.html
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/joint94/Abstracts/0486

 Puri-Sen test.
http://www.iuinfo.indiana.edu/HomePages/021999/text/quantifying.htm

 Fawcett and Salter's aligned rank test.
see 0486, above.

Several tests are mentioned in a poster session with abstracts at
http://www.stat.ufl.edu/symposium/1999/nonpar/poster-abstracts.html

"The Best Test for Interaction in Factorial ANOVA and ANCOVA
Todd C. Headrick and Shlomo S. Sawilowsky
Wayne State University"

I wonder...  Isn't an education, these days, supposed
to develop the ability to go online and search for topics like these?

--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html