unless you have a million rows ... seems like using the data window and
just sliding over each row and highlight and delete ... would be easy

by the way, why do you want to get rid of entire rows just because
(perhaps) one value is missing? are you not wasting alot of useful data?

At 06:16 PM 9/28/01 -0400, John Spitzer wrote:
>I have a dataset which has about 35 column.  Many of the cells have
>missing values.  Since MINITAB recognizes the missing values, I can
>perform the statistical work I need to do and don't need to worry about
>the missing values.  However, I would like to be able to obtain the
>subset of observations which MINITAB used for its calculations.  I would
>like to be able to create a worksheet with only the rows from my dataset
>which do NOT contain any missing values.
>
>I cannot seem to find any way to do this (except manually, YUCK). Does
>anyone have any ideas? suggestions?
>
>Here is an greatly simplified version of my problem:
>
>       C1       C2         C3      C4
>1     1           2          1          2
>2     2           *          *          3
>3     3           3          4          2
>4      0          1          *          5
>5      1          *           1         8
>6      2          2           3         7
>

>I am looking for a command, or set of commands which will provide me
>with the subset of the above data consisting of:
>
>       C1       C2         C3      C4
>1     1           2          1          2
>2     3           3          4          2
>3     2          2           3         7
>
>Many thanks, in advance

>Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
>the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

dennis roberts, penn state university
educational psychology, 8148632401
http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm