If the areas are equal, and the max height is clearly different (we're not
talking line widths here), then there _must_ be other places where the curves
do not match.  I think you are facing 2 different pdf's.

Jay

Chia C Chong wrote:

> The area of the empirical PDF is equal to one as I have normalised it...
>
> CCC
>
> "Elliot Cramer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > In sci.stat.consult Chia C Chong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > : down!!) fit very accurately to the data. The only bit that is not fit is
> the
> > : height of the estimated gamma PDF is not high enough. Does this means
> that
> >
> > ARe the areas thee same?

Jay Warner
Principal Scientist
Warner Consulting, Inc.
4444 North Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53404-1216
USA

Ph: (262) 634-9100
FAX: (262) 681-1133
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.a2q.com

The A2Q Method (tm) -- What do you want to improve today?