Dear Friends,

Here is an exam question which I don't know how to do. Can anyone help me?

The question is "a biostatistician was asked to analyze some data
regarding cell counts, and the values were reported like 6.27x10^7,
72.5x10^7, 3.42x10^7, etc. rather than using the data exactly as
reported, the biostatistician used the values as 6.27, 72.5, 3.42, etc.
what effect does this have on estimation of mean and standard deviation?
What effect does this have on hypothesis testing about the mean? Why?"

Thank you very much for your help.

Christine,