Hi Jos,

 got your msg. Thanks!

> You might consider the distribution of  chi-square(df) / (df), which
> as far as I know has not been given a name; this distribution would be
> concentrated around expectation 1 with variance 2/(df).

Seems to be reasonable. Like using Cramer's V instead of Chi-square.

The actual problem is that of how to translate this to students,
who are used to:

    the farer away from expectation (i.e. uniformity) the more unlikely
    is the outcome.

Or opposite:

    the expected is the most likely.
    If the uniformity is not the most likely, why does it still engaged
    as the expected, from where we calculate deviations?

They have to learn a different slogan, i'm afraid...

Gottfried.

---