George Marsaglia wrote in message
<0l7b8.42092$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

.. chunk deleted

>The Monty Python method is not quite as fast as as the Ziggurat.
>
>Some may think that Alan Miller's somewhat vague reference to
>a source for the ziggurat article suggests disdain.   The source is
>Journal of Statistical Software Vol 5, Issue 8,
>available on the Web.

No disdain intended, George; I just didn't have the reference handy, and
couldn't remember the name of the journal.   I did give the correct
reference later.
I notice that you have another article in the latest issue of the journal -
on tests of random numbers.
Keep up the good work.

>George Marsaglia

Cheers
--
Alan Miller (Honorary Research Fellow, CSIRO Mathematical
& Information Sciences)