Ronny Richardson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to produce a chart of the chi-square distribution in
> Excel? (I know how to find chi-square values but not how to turn those into
> a chart of the chi-square curve.)
>
> Ronny Richardson

I assume you want the pdf, not the cdf.

Set up a column of x's (e.g. 0,0.2, 0.4, ...), and beside it set up a
column of pdf values (type in the pdf for the chisq you're after as a
function of x):

For m d.f.:
1/[Gamma(m/2)*2^(m/2)]*x^(m/2-1)*exp(-x/2)

(in excel you'll need "exp(gammaln())" because it doesn't have a Gamma
function.)

Note that you can set up "m" in a cell, so you can play around with the
d.f. and see what it does to the curve.

So now you have 2 columns you can plot. Click on the chart icon, choose
the XY(scatter) plot option, pick either the joined with lines or joined
with a curve pictures (without the points marked - either of the
rightmost plots there).

Choose any other options you need, and there you go.

Glen