Chia C Chong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
a5d38d$63e$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:a5d38d$63e$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Glen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > Do you want to make any assumptions about the form of the conditional,
> > or the joint, or any of the marginals?
>
> Well, the X & Y are dependent and hence there are being descibed by a joint
> PDF.

This much is clear.

> I am not sure what other assumption I can make though..

I merely though you may have domain specific knowledge of the variables and
their likely relationships which might inform the choice a bit (cut down the
space
of possibilities).

Can you at least indicate whether any of them are restricted to be positive?

Glen