On 1 Mar 2002 04:51:42 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mobile Survey)
wrote:

> What do i do if I need to run a factor analysis and have non-normal
> distribution for some of the items (indicators)? Does Principal
> component analysis require the normality assumption.

There is no problem of non-normality, except that it *implies*
that decomposition  *might*  not give simple structures.
Complications are more likely when covariances are high.

What did you read, that you are trying to respond to?

--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html