From: Chuck Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I just finished the latter last week and will talk about it at an
> upcoming academic conference. I made it very applied, and they
> complained a little about it being mathy, but hey - it was good for
> them! Now they will be responsible the next time they use
> floating-point!

Part of my hysteria here - for those who have been long-timers to the
list and therefore to my hysterias - has been in sensing some effort
on the part of the Python community as positioning Python as the
tool to take the rigor out of a programming curricula.

And wanting no part of it.

IMO:

a) it doesn't
b) it shouldn't

But certainly it *can* redirect a rigorous approach into more
productive channels than other alternatives:

IMO:

a) it can
b) it should

Art