My other problem is this:

Did somebody forgot to mention to me, pre-Python2.2, that the language was
missing a fundamental construct for the proper configuration of the proper
API framework?

And allowed me go about my business of constructing improper API frameworks
- because that is what the language supported.

Is it the same somebodies who jump at me when I question the new Python who
would have jumped at me if I had questioned the old?  It often seems so.

Is information hiding also part of community building?

If so, what is being hidden now?

Art

I don't believe the above, BTW -  as long as I stick to my guns that
properties are a minor piece of syntax sugar with a lot being read into
their appearance in the lnaguage. And that if Guido was all-seeing he might
have anticipated a lot more than intended being read into them.

Or else I don't want to believe the above - so I stick to my guns.

Art