> But I have read plenty of research through math society publications
> that suggests that perhaps there is a genetic difference
> mathematically. The jury is still out, of course, but the numbers
> point that way. That's what the Harvard president in trouble, but the
> numbers are in his favor. It would be nice to figure all this out
> someday.

My view is closer to:  IF there is a genetic difference of such chasmic
proportions as to forever put math on the male side, THEN there'll
inevitably by another math that's more female in its operations, i.e. you'll
get a parallel technology, not a imbalanced monopoly.  That's just
speculation, as we're still considered two halves of the one species (but
will that change?).

> I have only one female out of three classes I'm teaching this
> semester. Pretty status quo.

I've taught large roomfuls of women only for years at a time.  One of my
more pleasant jobs.

Kirby