> What is the importance of having your improved module part of the standard
distribution?

The current turtle.py module it is already in the standard distribution. Why
should not an *improved* version remain in the standard distribution?

Quite a few instructors already rely on turtle.py being in the standard
distribution. Turtle.py is good for beginners. Having it outside the standard
distribution will create difficulties for beginner learners and their
instructors.

Atanas