On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Nicholas H.Tollervey <nt...@ntoll.org>
wrote:

> There are lots of teachers on this list! Some of whom will be at PyCon.
>
> What exactly are your requirements? Are you expecting an instructor to
> deliver the existing curriculum or come up with their own?

I think the existing curriculum would be a good idea, both to save work in
developing a new one and b/c Young Coders is a known phenomenon in the
PyCon community; many parents sending their kids probably think they have
an idea what it's like.  Though if you're dying to use another curriculum,
you could certainly ask Ewa about that.

Is this
> person going to be solely responsible for the workshop, its format and
> the resources? What support can they expect from the PyCon organisers?

Ewa from PyCon is handling the resources, and PyCon is providing the space
and resources; they really do just need people to do the teaching.

> How many kids, and of what age are you expecting to turn up? What
> minimum requirements do you expect from attendees? Is this just a single
> day's workshop? At what point in the conference is this taking place?
> What are your expectations of the format for the workshop?

Most of these questions are answered at:

https://us.pycon.org/2016/events/letslearnpython/

It's a one-day workshop, Saturday I believe, for kids 12-18.  No prereqs.

I'll hand folks off to Ewa for detailed questions if you're interested
enough to start that conversation.

Thanks!