Does it really have to run in a browser?

When I read your requirements, that students be able to run on a public
computer that they do not own, yet keep their files from one session to
another, I thought maybe running Python off of a USB stick, and saving their
programs back onto that USB stick, would meet your requirements. It would have
the advantage of not locking your students into a particular online service nor
requiring Internet service to function. Yet you could write programs that
access web services, install packages from PyPI, etc.

At first I was going to point you to Portable Python: [
http://portablepython.com/ ]( http://portablepython.com/ )

But it has been years since I used it. Going to their website just now, I found
it it now says:

"Portable Python is not being developed anymore. At the moment there are
several better and more up-to-date alternatives"

There are links to other alternatives of complete Python distributions that can
run off of a USB stick, none of which I have tried personally.

Just something to consider.

David H

On Monday, October 2, 2017 1:58pm, "Catherine Devlin"