> No prior knowledge ... it's all on the teacher to be familiar enough to
> walk all over and essentially "drag them through" (the kids=them) the
> process of developing their own quick solar system model.  It would be a
> good team-teaching lesson, one teacher on the white-board lecturing, and
> the other typing the python-translation of the lecture into code on a big
> screen.

I'm all for opt in on athletics like this, as elective activities.  Like
sprints at a PyCon.  Choose to go, choose which one.

Time spent coding is time away from studying film theory or maybe
perfecting one's drawing or pole vaulting skills.

If one wishes to use canned solar system simulators and not work for hours,
starting with transistors and designing one's own chips, that oughta be
allowed too.

Multi-track, kid driven, more like a theme park. The rides are all there.

If you think you're ready for the PyGame physics course (I was a VPython
avatar, did my hypertoons using it [1]), go for it, and you're only 14.

Other people will postpone that lesson until 41.

Sequencing is more up to them than to any nanny state.[2]

Kirby

[1]  https://youtu.be/7Qzd0Uw-HCM  (simple hypertoon in Visual Python) 40
seconds, no sound

[2]  they say the "nana" in that 'House of Tomorrow' book is more fascist
than in the movie. The movie-makers cast an authentic Bucky fan who had
some of her own footage of being with the guy, which was perfect. To my
ears, they actually dubbed in Bucky's voice in those parts where we
presumably heard him (grainy old footage) -- sounded like an actor to me.
Doesn't matter much. Hollywood has its tricks.