On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 12:40 PM C. Cossé <cco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes that must be disappointing if 'The House of Tomorrow' didn't convey or
> do justice to the content of his work.

Oh no, it was a fine movie.  Thumbs up.

I'm fully understanding that a fictional audience that has to earn its keep
in popcorn sales is not a didactic work.

I'm just saying that left me an opening, in which to insert my more
thorough and demystifying treatment of what that kid in the movie would
have needed to learn.

There's a scene where he gets hired as the geometry tutor for the kid his
own age with the heart transplant and cool sister.  The supposition is he's
all up on that stuff because he lives in a dome and his Nana is a Bucky
nut.

That's fine as a plot element, but in my version we're making what he
teaches his teen peer far more subversive of the status quo than what's in
that Euclid book.

Anyway, the punk tie-in (they form a band) is perfect as punk let to cyber
punk and kids knowing RSA (seemed pretty futuristic at the time, what with
that starting out as all secret and all).  I've got that component.

Number Theory is making a come back, even as Linear Algebra is enjoying a
renaissance (machine learning).

We look at all that in our School of Tomorrow. :-D  (emoji too, not just
emoticons)
👸 ♔ 🐼

Kirby