Thanks for jumping in David.

I concur, the Excel environment is a productive "home base" for deriving
the visualizations and is in many cases is sufficient.

In the Office model, one is then expected to embed said visualizations in a
Word document, perhaps exporting to PDF, if wanting to add more verbiage
and/or make it more journal article or textbook like. [1]

In your type of advocacy work, maybe getting the visualizations is
sufficient, and indeed, the final step from Jupyter Notebook to a PDF
version is sometimes the trickiest, when it comes to page breaks especially.

Here's a Notebook in the same ballpark, dealing with the half life of
naturally occurring and/or artificially generated radioactive substances:

https://nbviewer.org/github/4dsolutions/School_of_Tomorrow/blob/master/isotope_decay.ipynb

This is the classic synergy of Jupyter + pandas + matplotlib, the kind of
thing I've been teaching through a Turkey-based company. [2]

I don't see it as either / or, and true, Jupyter might be the wrong tool in
many instances. I wonder if you've had a chance to play with pandas inside
of Excel. I know Microsoft has added that.

I've yet to try it out (currently, I don't have a computer with Office at
my fingertips).

Kirby

PS: in my previous post I had a typo buried in the most mathy part, which
I've since fixed on Github.
https://groups.io/g/synergeo/message/2481

[1]
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/04/the-scientific-paper-is-obsolete/556676/
(Atlantic has implemented more of a firewall then previously -- the article
is about Wolfram's Mathematica as well as Jupyter)

[2]
https://nbviewer.org/github/4dsolutions/clarusway_data_analysis/blob/main/DAwPy_S1_%28Numpy_Arrays%29/daily_schedule.ipynb