From: Jane Weideman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: den 10 februari 2006 kl 8:51 GMT+0100
Subject: [Fwd: Authentication in Ubuntu] <- support request

Can someone help please?

Thanks
JaneW

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: John Atchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Authentication in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:31:21 -0000

Hi Jane,
I hope you do not mind me contacting you but I was looking at the wiki and
found the article on Authentication. I have tried on several occasions,
unsuccessfully, to authenticate Ubuntu to our Domain. I am not a Linux
expert and therefore should be considered a beginner. I work as an IT
technician in a High School and am trying to integrate Ubuntu into our
system. Our domain controller is a Mac running OSX 10.3. We mainly use PC's
in the school and it is the choice of our network administrators to use Mac
servers. Is it possible to or will it be in Dapper to get this working? All
our pupils and staff authenticate to, and have their Home folder on this
server. This has to work without too much configuration if Linux and
Ubuntu/Edubuntu (as my preferred distros) are to be used in our school.
If you can help/advise it would be very much appreciated, as I am anxious to
use Linux in a real world setting.

Thanks

John Atchison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]