Hello everyone,

Please note that the meeting to decide once and for all whether to use
Drupal vs Moin for the Edubuntu web site was held yesterday (Monday 20
Feb 2006).

We heard arguments for and against both Drupal and Moin and in the end
we think they are both worthy and workable solutions, the decision
really came down to who was going to be in charge of making the thing
happen.

On that front:
 * Jonathan Carter - highvoltage and
 * Phillip Schröder - pipsl
Have volunteered to be in charge of making the site happen, both for the
initial design and setting up, and on-going maintenance (for at least
6-months). Note: that other volunteers are welcomed! - contact Jonathan.

Both Phillip and Jonathan have expressed a desire to work with Drupal.

Additionally it was noted that while the Ubuntu website [1] and wiki [2]
(and the OpenCD [3]) are running on MoinMoin, Ubuntu's 'Fridge' [4] runs
on Drupal.

It was therefore decided by discussion and unanimous vote that the site
would be set-up using Drupal.

Jonathan has already sent the relevant request to the Sys Admins to get
Drupal installed on the server, and Phillip has created a test site to
begin experimenting with designs and layouts.

The new site will be launched on or before the day Edubuntu 6.04
releases.

Regards
JaneW

[1]http://www.ubuntu.com/