Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On March 1, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

 > I think that the best desktop catcher, i have proved is wink. It's
 > useful and easy to create demostrations films.

wink can be found here:

  http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Unfortunately, it appears that wink cannot be freely redistributed
(and it's not clear to me if the source code is available), which
makes it difficult to integrate it into ubuntu directly.

It looks like a nice tool, though!  It would be even nicer if it was
truly free.

        --dkg

You can give Istanbul a try. Its available in the universe repository.

Description from the package:

Istanbul is a desktop session recorder for the Free Desktop.
It records your session into an Ogg Theora video file.
To start the recording, you click on its icon in the
notification area. To stop you click its icon again.
.
It works on Gnome, KDE, XFCE and others.
.
Homepage: http://zaheer.merali.org/mediawiki/index.php/Istanbul