On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:59:12 -0800 (PST), plougher wrote:

> As the author of Squashfs I'm concerned that people are saying the oops is
> due to Squashfs simply because Squashfs occurs in the stack trace.  I'm
> currently trying to track the problem down, and there is a significant
> probability that the cause of the oops is "upstream" in a module before
> Squashfs is called.  Currently it is equally likely  that the bug is caused
> by Unionfs or elsewhere.
>
> As you are receiving an oops, it would be useful if you could send myself
> the oops message, and answer the following questions:
>
> 1.  What hardware are you using? i.e. what processor.  Is it
> uniprocessor/SMP or is hyperthreading available and enabled?  How much
> memory do you have (this is unlikely to be significant, but you never know)?

Pentium-M.  Uniprocessor, hyperthreading not available.  512 MB.

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx est tm2
bogomips        : 1600.04

> 2.  Does this oops always occur, or only sometimes?  Does the oops ever
> change in any way?

For my two boots, it happened both times.

> 3. What version of the liveCD did you use?  (this is so I can download a
> copy).

Edubuntu 6.04 i386 (Flight 4)

I'll try to get a copy of the oops later today.

        -Paul