On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:47:51AM -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
:Hi,
:
:I'm trying to configure a passswordless user, the only hangup I'm
:getting is that the screen lock won't unlock with a null password.
:
:Can I configure the screen not to lock (it's a bit irrelevent with a
:null password)?  What handles the locking?  xscreensaver is set not to
:lock and I've configured "nullok" in /etc/pam.d/common-auth

I've traced this a bit, apparently something is calling
"xscreensaver-command -lock" on power management events (ie the screen
only locks when I close the laptop or it goes into hibernation mode),
so if I run xscreensaver-comand -ext in my startup scrips I don't get
locked out.

I would like to have a screensaver though so any further insight is
most welcome.

-Jon