Just a quick note about a very successful demonstration I've put together for an Edubuntu deployment I'm proposing. The server and clients are both running in Parallels Desktop for Mac beta (http:// www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/) on my Apple MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.0. The entire process was surprisingly simple and straightforward. The only difficulties I encountered were:

- The virtual NIC in the hypervisor doesn't support PXE, so I created a custom etherboot rom for the rtl8029. Setting the CD-ROM in the virtual host to point to the ISO was all it required to successfully pxeboot from the server.

- Running ltsp-update-sshkeys after changing my virtual hosts to a Host-Only networking setup on a new network.

- The client initially crashed while configured with 64MB. I believe this is a bug with Parallels and/or Mac OS X on the Core Duo. Bumping the memory up to 128MB resulted in no more crashes.

If there is sufficient interest, I will consider putting together a document on the process. Honestly though, it hardly seems necessary. :)

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting