hi,
Am Freitag, den 29.09.2006, 16:59 +0200 schrieb Edward Holcroft:
> Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > hi,
> > Am Freitag, den 29.09.2006, 12:53 +0200 schrieb Edward Holcroft:
> >
> >> basis cannot succeed in any ongoing way. btw even for a thin client 32MB
> >> RAM is a bit tight.
> >>
> > not with the edgy release anymore ;) we have network swapping by default
> > enabled there, so 32M should be totally fine (even it might be a bit
> > slower than bigger ones )
> >

> hmm, pity, one more thing that I have to disable by default then -
> network swapping almost always slows things down.
well, i'd try it forst ;)

the nbd swapping we use is quite fast and i couldnt notice any
significant slowdown anywhere ... indeed if you have very small (32M)
clients and use an exhaustive screen resolution like 1280x1024 in 32bit
color mode *and* local device support *and* sound it *will* slow down ;)

with 64 and 128MB clients there was nothing to notice, not even after
several days constant usage without rebooting (thus flushing the swap
space)

ciao
        oli