Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, David Ally wrote:

> I need help on how to add the gnome gui to my server installation from
> ubuntu desktop cd. Since I have all the flavors downloaded and burnt on
> cdroms, i hope it should be possible to just add any gui application from
> those cdrom instaed og apt-get going to the Internet repository to
> download, but i don't how to do this, so please help.

To actually add the gnome desktop (just the plain ubuntu one, not
edubuntu), you would do:

        sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

To add an extra cdrom (such as the desktop one) of packages to your apt
sources, pop the cdrom into the drive and do:

        sudo apt-cdrom add

and follow the instructions, popping in the cdrom you wish to add.

Gavin