On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 11:52:00AM -0700, john wrote:

> I have been experiencing many of the issues that others are reporting
> here. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I was feeling
> pretty dumb and bad. I can say categorically that Ubuntu 6.06/LTSP 4.2
> was a more stable tool than Edubuntu 7.04.

> 1. I need to know where to send this information. Please be specific.
> To whom or where.

This is documented in detail in the Edubuntu handbook which ships with
Edubuntu.  Check the Help and Support link under the systems menu.

Short answer:

Either right here, on this list, or
at https://bugs.launchpad.net.

> 2. I would also like to second the request for a tool that would allow
> us to check outstanding/already reported Edubuntu bugs or pointers to
> where Edubuntu bugs are more generally Ubuntu bugs. Currently too much
> of this information seems anectodal. If this place aleady exists
> please let me know where. If it doesn't exist it needs to and the
> sooner the better IMO.

Again, already there.  Quick link, once again:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/~edubuntu-bugs/+packagebugs

That's the bugsquad.  The testers group's also available from the homepage
www.edubuntu.com, under "community"

I will, of course, point out the unspoken, untalked about issue with all
Free and Open Source Software projects.

Bug reports are great.  But theres hundreds, thousands, perhaps even millions
of you out there.

Edubuntu has, perhaps, 3-4 "regular" and 5-6 "casual" contributors.

Don't spray the firehose too heavy.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."