Note: I posted this on edubuntu-users as well.

I had posted a while ago about specs for a server to serve up about 35
clients. Many of you replied and thank you so much for the input - we
managed to acquire a dual Xeon (2.8GHz each) with 4GB of RAM and two
SATA drives. Edubuntu goes on it next week.

In the meantime, I came across Diskless Remote Boot for Linux
(http://drbl.sourceforge.net/). DRBL's approach seems to be more along
the lines of what might suit us better; our desktops have 2GB of RAM and
fast Core Duo processors, so we might as well use those horses. A bit
more looking around led me to something called LTSP 5' s "Low Fat"
client, which is similar to DRBL. However, I haven't been able to find
any documentation on "Low Fat" with respect to LTSP 5.

Any pointers?

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.