After my new 7.10 installation nfs was not installed. When I
install it manually, both nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server hang
for minutes.

They both eventually report [OK], but are not running. They do
the same during a reboot.

Could somebody post a working /etc/exports file. The file was
originally empty, except for comments. The /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts, /etc/hosts.deny would also help.

The installation produced a red screen so I'm stuggling to get
a working system. So far it's everything but easy, and I've
been using Ubuntu, Debian & Co for several years now.

nfs version is the latest for gutsy. I have reinstalled at
least 5 times, same results.

Thanks for any help.