In the last meeting we talked a little bit about a new icon theme based
on Gartoon that is being worked on called GNUtoon [0]. The author along
with Cory Kontros also wanted to make an Ubuntu-specific version called
Ubuntoon [1]. I've done an initial packaging of their efforts and put it
in the Edubuntu Artwork team's PPA [2] for people to try out.

The theme is based on Gartoon but adds in more icons to make a more
complete set. The biggest issue I know of is that currently all the
icons are in .svg. For thin clients I think this could cause some
sluggishness but it'd be nice to have some people test to see *hint*. It
work fine on my laptop. Work is being done to create the .pngs but it's
uncertain if that will be done by Hardy's release as some icons need
manual work.

bzr branches of both the icon theme itself and the packaging are
available on Launchpad [3].

-Jordan

[0] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNUtoon?content=70206
[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntoon