Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> This probably isn't the appropriate list to post this, but it is a start.
> Koha seems to
> be the most widely used open source library software, but no distribution
> seems to have
> it in their repository. Is there a possibility that Ubuntu/Edubuntu could be?
>  Maybe
> even an option in Ubuntu Server like choosing LAMP or Mail server?
>
> Anyhow, I figured I'd just post this here quick and see if I got any
> feedback.  If
> anyone could tell me the proper way to request such a thing and which
> distribution it
> would be a better fit in please do.

>From a quick glance it at least appears to be "fit" for Debian/Ubuntu,
having a GPL license. For packaging in Ubuntu there is a wiki page to
read.[0] For Debian generally you file a Request for Packaging (RFP) or
Intent to Package (ITP) bug against the wnnp "pseudo" package.[1]

Any other suggestions? We (Edubuntu devel team) have talked about cool
ways to let people suggest/vote/rate software for Edubuntu but I don't
think it ever took off. Perhaps a nice wiki page would work in the mean
time?

-Jordan

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages
[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/