Hi all,

I was looking into the status of the Ubuntu Education Edition CD for
the upcoming Intrepid Alpha 4 and it seems that denemo is a problem.
In the newer denemo version in Intrepid, Debian has introduced a new
dependency on libaubio-dev. In order to get that dependency we'd need
to move lash, jack-audio-connection-kit, libfreebob, puredata, and
aubio into Main.

Additionally, since Recommends packages are installed by default in
Intrepid, lilypond and csound are wanted. This adds in mftrace,
guile-1.8, t1utils, and potrace for lilypond and fltk1.1, fluidsynth,
ladcca, ladspa-sdk, liblo, lua5.1, portaudio19, portmidi, and
tcltk-defaults for csound. That's a grand total of 18 Main Inclusion
Reports for all build dependencies and recommended packages.

Perhaps we should consider dropping denemo in favor of another app?
Denemo has 17 open bugs in Debian and 8 in Ubuntu. Is it a often used
app? Would people miss it? Are there any good alternatives?

Thoughts or suggestions?

-Jordan