My friend bought a PowerEdge SC4400 recently but is trying to use Window XP
Home on it.
We found out that a lot of parts don't have very good driver support and
Dell uses a lot
of unconventional peripherals (typical of Dell, I guess).
Even the NIC card and the video card had no direct XP driver (we have to get
it separately from
different places.

I am not sure that applies in your case but thought I bring it up.