On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Morgan Collett
<morgan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:24, David Van Assche <dvanass...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmmm... So what is it that is blocking this, I thought the fork from
>> Debian was supposed to help this?
>
> Abiword's a separate package. We (the Sugar Team) can't just fork the
> abiword package. I've tried to produce a patch to generate separate
> libabiword and libabiword-dev packages, but I'm not experienced enough
> at packaging to get that working. Ubuntu core developers advised us to
> work with Debian. That hasn't helped to date.
>
> We've got the sugar bits, but we need this change to abiword done.

I talked to a guy (Jérôme Guelfucci) in #ubuntu-desktop today about
abiword. He's been working on the package in general lately. He
emailed the Debian abiword maintainer and kindly added the following:

"The Sugar folks would also be interested to have libabiword built, as
reported in http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=512777 ,
do you plan to work on this ? This would alos allow to have pyabiword
built, which is also crucial for Sugar. I cced LaserJock, who is
interested in this and ready to cooperate to make things move faster."

I can give some guidance as far as getting a libabiword binary package
setup and sponsor an upload if needed, but I'm afraid beyond that I
just won't have time.

-Jordan