On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Roopa <roopa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Am Roopa, a final year B.E., student of computer science branch, I have got
> only very little knowledge about the basic working of Unix/Linux OS. Am a
> very big fan of Ubuntu Open Source projects. Also, am keenly interested in
> contributing to the projects at Ubuntu and have hence subscribed to
> edubuntu.

Hi Roopa,
Thanks for your interest! Most open source projects really on
contributors to find something they want to work on and fix it. A good
intro on areas where work can be done is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

I think you'd specifically be interested in bug fixing and Ubuntu
maintenance. Ubuntu (and Debian) maintenance principals apply to
Edubuntu packages.
~Scott