Part 3 of the investigation.

We now have configured properly the Idp provider Okta with the right
entityId & location URL found in the edx metadata.xml (in {LMS_ROOT}/
/auth/saml/metadata.xml

The 403 error is now gone since we redirect the post request to the right &
expected URL.

Yet when we try to login we get a new error : "Authentication failed: SAML
login failed: ['invalid_response'] (There is no AttributeStatement on the
Response)".

There is already a post
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openedx-ops/d-rmACND180) for this
with a solution that unfortunately did not work.

Again if anyone has face this error message it would be great to have some
help, I guess I need to edit the attributes to make it correspond with the
Idp format ?

In parrallel we opened an issue on the Idp provider side.

Thanks in advance your help
Stay tuned for more !