Hi Christopher,

> I haven't tried this with the latest version.

I checked the code, and this is indeed intended behavior:
`journal_process_action` has some special logic in place (see [1]), which
results in calling `ebg_env_setglobalstate` if `ustate` is to be updated. This
function sets the `ustate` of *all* environments to zero, as per documentation
[2].

> I am wondering, if `bg_setenv --confirm` should set only the booted
> configuration to OK or if the case which I have here, where all configs are
> set to OK, even though one is FAILED ?

Good question. I guess there are reasons for the current behavior :) Jan
Kiszka might remember the reason. I can only guess; maybe it is meant to
prepare the standby BGENV for the next update (starting with a clean slate)
since you are not supposed to roll back anymore.

Kind Regards,
  Michael

[1]
https://github.com/siemens/efibootguard/blob/b9f2d0354f77a8630a2c5cfbf426fd5e76ec2938/tools/bg_setenv.c#L115
[2]
https://github.com/siemens/efibootguard/blob/b9f2d0354f77a8630a2c5cfbf426fd5e76ec2938/include/ebgenv.h#L144

--
Michael Adler

Siemens AG
Technology
Connectivity & Edge
Smart Embedded Systems
T CED OES-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann
Snabe; Managing Board: Roland Busch, Chairman, President and Chief Executive
Officer; Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese;
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries:
Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322