----- Bericht van [EMAIL PROTECTED] ---------
    Datum: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 17:42:39 +0200
      Van: heupink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Antwoorden aan:efw-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Onderwerp: Re: [Efw-user] default gateway outside ip/netmask range
      Aan: efw-user@lists.sourceforge.net

> Dear Marc and list,
>
> Thanks very much for your feedback. Your solution seems like a
> complicated procedure to get something simple up and running.
>
> I've also tested the community astaro (www.astaro.com) and it simply
> accepts my (our) ip/netmask/gateway without a problem and therefore
> "simply works".

IPcop and MNF simply work as well. It looks like the problem is the newer Kernel (2.6) that just can't cope with this alternate routing.

 I'm glad I persisted with EFW2 because of the extra's possible in for example the SMTP proxy. it seems a lot of my spam gets blocked now (40-50 mails a day).

The last task is to get OpenVPN working over a Proxy that onlys allows port 80 and port 443 and keep port 443 available for HTTPS. (I just have to relay the HTTPS connection requests from my employer to the OpenVPN port, I guess ;-) ).

Keep up the good work EFW team!