Thanks Peter

This makes sense. We have a Cisco router between the firewall and the
internet. It's one that our ISP provided us.

Cheers

Al

On 02/05/07, Peter Warasin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi guys

Dave wrote:
> Typically yes, 53 ought to be closed off on RED. At least insofar as it
forwards
> requests to an internal IP (unless that's the plan).
>
> If Endian is your gateway it's likely looking up IP's for your network
so
> clients can resolve domains. I'm not certain on that...perhaps someone
else
> in the group can comment.

Endian Firewall does not open any port as long as you do not forward the
port, as dave already told and as long as you don't explicitely open the
port with "external access".

Probably there is another device between the scan service you used and
the firewall, which has the port open to the public. Maybe a modem or
router on your or on the ISP's side.

peter

--
:: e n d i a n