Hello group!

I installed a copy of Endian Community 2.1.2 yesterday on a nex box.

Everything went fine, until I rebooted the box for testing.

The following occurs each time I reboot: Endian starts all services until it
comes to:

.

Setting up network interfaces

Setting up efw firewall rules

Starting httpd [OK]

Starting snort (if enabled)

Starting squid [OK]

. And there it stops! I can't switch to another console with CTRL-ALT-F2 or
do anything. It remains there forever.

But: when I press CTRL-C, it continues normally with the next message:

.

Starting httpd [OK]

Starting snort (if enabled)

Starting squid [OK]

Setting up IP accounting

.

and Endian continues to boot properly and starts ok!

When I go to the web-frontend of Endian to the menu Proxy>HTTP and disable
the web proxy for green and orange (I have only green, orange and red), the
booting goes without any problem and without any stopping:

.

Starting httpd [OK]

Starting snort (if enabled)

Setting up IP accounting

.

But then of course I have not squid-web-proxy anymore.

I have not changed anything to Endian on console level, only the settings of
the web-frontend!

What can I do? What is the problem? Any advice of anyone?

Best regards

Tomakos

P.S. My RED interface dials up via "PPPoE" using a DSL-Modem connected via a
network interface card. I don't know if this is important. But it is the
only difference to another Endian box of mine, where everything works ok,
and there I am using "Ethernet Static" instead.